Temporary walk-up Covid-19 test centres to open in Newport
Posted on Friday 8th January 2021
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is opening additional mobile Covid-19 testing units in the Lliswerry and Rogerstone areas of Newport.
If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) – a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of taste and/or smell please book a test as soon as possible.
Call 119 or visit www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
If you have symptoms, you and any household members should isolate immediately. Your whole household should continue to isolate until the test result is received. If the test is positive, all household members and close contacts should continue to isolate for 10 days as per current guidance.
Even if you receive a negative result, Wales is now at alert level 4 with stay-at-home restrictions in place.
Locations and opening times
Newport International Sports Village, Swimming pool and Tennis Centre Car Park, NP19 4RA
Sunday 10 January: 09:00-16:00
Monday 11 January: 09:00-16:00
Tuesday 12 January: 09:00-16:00
Wednesday 13 January: 09:00-16:00
Rivermeade Community Centre, Fucia Way, Rogerstone, Newport, NP10 9LZ
Thursday 14 January: 09:00-16:00
Friday 15 January: 09:00-16:00
Saturday 16 January: 09:00-16:00
Sunday 17 January: 09:00-16:00
- Book a test even if your symptoms are very mild
- The test is done in 5 minutes
- Only for residents of Newport. Bring ID and proof of address.
- Please wear a face covering on the way to and from your test.
- Please do not use public transport
- Do not visit any shops, other places or other people on the way to or from your test.
- Maintain 2 meters social distancing
- Please remember, if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus, you and your whole household must self-isolate at home until you receive your test results. Don’t go to work, don’t send your children to school, don’t have household visitors and don’t visit others. Stay at home until your test result is received.
- There are stringent measures in place to protect both you and our staff at the testing site.
- Even if you receive a negative result, Wales is now at alert level 4 with stay-at-home restrictions in place
To book a drive-through test, or for people living outside Newport, please call 119 or visit www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test