St Paul's Walk mosaics
The mosaics in St Paul's Walk focus on the contribution of women to Newport's development and history
British Women's Temperance
Association Drinking Fountain
Made by Royal Doulton in 1913, the fountain is 3m high, constructed in terracotta with a glazed ceramic finish and situated outside Newport Cathedral.
Merchant Navy Memorial, Mariners Green
A tribute to the men and women of Newport who lost their lives in active service during the Second World War. Newport Borough Council commissioned Sebastien Boyesen in 1989 and the seven metre high memorial was unveiled in April 1991.
Civic Centre Murals
Painted by Hans Feibusch, the German painter and sculptor. The series of 12 murals decorates the central hall of Newport Civic Centre and depict the history of Newport. Commissioned by Newport Corporation in 1960 and painted between 1961-4.
This Little Piggy
Celebrating over 700 years of markets in Newport, this is a life-size bronze of a Gloucester Old Spot pig with baskets of fruit and vegetables.
Stand and Stare
Created by Paul Kincaid to commemorate Newport's 'Supertramp' poet, W.H.Davies, whose poem 'Leisure' contains the famous lines 'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare'
The Bell Carrier
Also known as 'The Vision of St.Gwynllyw', this sculpture was inspired by the legend of Gwynllyw's conversion to Christianity.
Created by Sebastian Boyesen and unveiled in 1996.
Positioned in Westgate Square, the sculpture commemorates the Chartist uprising of 1839, when twenty Chartists lost their lives. Created by Christopher Kelly in 1991.
Old Green Mural
The Old Green Mural depicts the Monmouthshire Railway and Canal Company and the key role played by the canal and railway in Newport's rapid growth and prosperity in the mid-nineteenth century.
Sir Charles Morgan - 1760-1846
Sir Charles Morgan was an MP & wealthy landowner in Newport during the 19th Century. This statue by J.E.Thomas was first placed in the High Street in 1850 but removed 10 years later. In 1992 it was returned to a prominent position in Bridge Street.
This award-winning sculpture, created by Peter Fink in 1991, stands in a prominent position on Newport’s riverfront. Standing 40 feet high, the sculpture represents steel and sea trades which have played such important roles in Newport’s development.