Air Quality Management Areas
Where air quality standards have been breached an air quality management area (AQMA) must be declared.
Air quality monitoring has identified a number areas that are exceeding the air quality standards for nitrogen dioxide.
A number of changes to the city's AQMAs will come into effect from 1 July 2018 and Newport will then have 11 AQMAs:
- Caerleon (AQMA amended)
- Malpas Road south (AQMA amended)
- Chepstow Road / Clarence Place / Caerleon Road (AQMA amended and combined)
- Cefn Road (new AQMA)
- Caerphilly Road (new AQMA)
- George Street (new AQMA)
AQMAs along the M4:
- Royal Oak Hill (no change)
- Glasllwch Crescent (no change)
- St Julians (no change)
- High Cross (new AQMA)
- Shaftesbury (no change)
Malpas Road north has been revoked as monitoring data has shown no exceedance in this area for a number of years.
Email email@example.com for further information.