COVID-19: the Household Waste Recycling Centre is closed until Monday 9 November 2020.
This is in line with Welsh Government rules, bookings made for 24, 25 and 26 October will be cancelled and will have to be rebooked when the HWRC reopens.
Bulky waste collections will continue. If waste cannot be collected as part of weekly kerbside recycling, or safely stored at home until the HWRC reopens, think about booking a bulky waste collection.
Before you book a visit
You must have a booking slot - no booking, no entry
- Don't visit if anyone in your household is self-isolating with COVID-19 symptoms
- Don't bring waste from anyone who has had COVID-19 symptoms. This waste should be double bagged and held for at least 72 hours before being put out with your kerbside collection
- Pre-sort your waste as you will be limited to 15 minutes at the site
- Residents who are shielding or vulnerable should not visit
- There are reserved slots for key workers, please provide proof when booking and when you arrive at the site
Download Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
Book a visit
The booking form has been temporarily removed, new appointments will be available for bookings from 9 November nearer the time.
Watch our video guide to booking your visit.
If you are unable to book online because you have no web access, call (01633) 656656, note the booking reference you are given and bring it with you when you visit.
Please only contact us if you have no resources to access the website.
New slots are released every day, so please check back if you are unable to book at first.
Please arrive within your booked time slot and bring your confirmation email (on your phone or printed out) or reference number as proof. Please arrive within your slot, do not attempt to arrive early.
Site opening hours
Monday to Friday: 7.30am - 6pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 6pm
Site layout and rules
Familiarise yourself with the new site layout and rules before you visit.
Download a diagram of the HWRC layout (pdf)
- Access to the HWRC is at the discretion of site staff.
- Ideally vehicles should be driver only. If needed, a second member of the household may attend to help with the removal of bulky items but may only leave the vehicle when advised by the site attendant
- Please display your booking on your windscreen and wait in your car until directed
Only cars/passenger vehicles and small trailers (maximum 1.6m by 1.2m) are allowed on site
Commercial vehicles and any size van designed or used for the carriage of goods and heavy goods vehicles will not be allowed access.
- Access from the SDR westbound only
- Arrive within your booked time slot and do not queue on the public highway
- Follow the two metre social distancing rule at all times, visitors not following rules and instructions may be asked to leave the site
- Site staff are unable to help unload or carry items, you must be able to safely unload your vehicle without assistance
- No unsorted mixed waste – all waste brought to the site must be pre-sorted, black bags must not contain any recycling. Materials collected via household collections should not be brought site, but excess green waste and cardboard can be brought in providing they are pre-sorted
- Please wash your hands before and after your visit. Handrails and other areas at the site will be cleaned regularly and the site will close at 2pm for 30 minutes to allow a deep clean of all areas - bookings will not be affected. You are encouraged to bring your own gloves, there is no hand sanitiser on site
Thank you for your patience and understanding